Пропустить и перейти к тексту
School

Colwyn Bay Watersports

Рекомендуют 4 местных жителя ·

Советы местных жителей

Carole
Carole
August 9, 2019
A friendly waterspouts and tuition centre based in the exciting new facilities at Porth Eirias. Colwyn Bay Watersports offer activities and tuition for sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and canoeing.
Julian And Jess
Julian And Jess
January 20, 2019
Based on our beautiful Blue Flag beach in Colwyn Bay they offer tuition in sailing, windsurfing and power boating through the RYA scheme, as well as hire from their fleet of sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and canoeing.
Wende
Wende
November 7, 2015
Well run year round water sports centre attached to Porth Eirias
Gavin
Gavin
May 11, 2015
water sport hire, sailing, kayaking, windsurfing activities

Жилье рядом

Рекомендации местных жителей

Ресторан
“Its really close to our annexe, 20 minute walk, 3 minute drive, good food, American style steak-house, its very popular so maybe book ahead if possible. ”
  • Рекомендуют 6 местных жителей
Establishment
“Less than 6 miles away, you'll find Venue Cymru hosting all sorts of shows from stand up comedy to musicals and plays - a brilliant setting just off the seafront in beautiful Llandudno.”
  • Рекомендуют 13 местных жителей
Художественная галерея
“An independent charity supporting Welsh art and artists, check out the website for forthcoming exhibitions”
  • Рекомендуют 4 местных жителя
Ресторан
“Fantastic setting - The food and the atmosphere is fabulous Go for an evening meal and watch the sun go down. ££££”
  • Рекомендуют 9 местных жителей
Establishment
“Denbigh Castle was constructed within what was originally the Welsh patrimony of Perfeddwlad. The patrimony controlled the pastoral farming lands on the Denbigh Moors and formed a royal residence, llys, for the Welsh princes. Perfeddwlad was strategically located along the Welsh border but its ownership was disputed and the territory was fought over by the Normans and Welsh many times during the 11th and 12th centuries. In 1277, the Welsh prince Dafydd ap Gruffudd was granted Perfeddwlad by the English king, Edward I, who at the time was allied with Dafydd in his struggle against his brother Prince Llywelyn. Dafydd rebuilt the existing residence, creating a substantial castle. It is uncertain what form it took or exactly where on the current castle site it was located, but it included a bakehouse, buttery, chapel and a hall, and it became Dafydd's main stronghold. The Welsh called the settlement Dinbych, an abbreviation of Dinas Fechan, meaning "little fortress". In 1282, Dafydd and Llywelyn rebelled against the King. Edward invaded North Wales with a huge army; after a month long siege, Dinbych fell to his forces in October 1282. The King created a new lordship to govern the district around Dinbych, which he renamed Denbigh and granted these lands to Henry de Lacy, the Earl of Lincoln. With the help of James of St George, the King's master mason, Edward and Henry made plans for the construction of a new castle to govern the area, symbolically placed on top of the former llys. Edward continued into Snowdonia, leaving Henry to continue the work at Denbigh, using local labourers and possibly men brought from Henry's estates in England. The western and southern sides of the castle and the new town walls were built first, in order to protect the construction teams and by 1285, Henry gave the new town its first charter. Work on the rest of the defences continued for several years. The castle and town formed part of a wider landscape controlled by de Lacey, including a nearby manor, a dovecote, barn and fishponds, which were all important symbols of lordship during the period. He similarly established three parks around the castle, stocked with deer from England. The town walls enclosed an area approximately 9.5 acres (3.8 ha) in size and held 63 burgesses in 1285, each of which promised to provide an armed man to help protect the settlement. The townsfolk were English, many from Henry's estates in northern England and were reinforced by further English colonists who acquired large areas of rural land around the region. From the earliest days of the new settlement; the inhabitants began to spread out beyond the walls onto the flatter ground further down the hill, spurred on by the limited space and poor water supply in the inner town. This was unusual compared to the experience of other walled towns established in Wales at the time and within fifty years the external villa mercatoria had come to cover around 57 acres (23 ha). The building work on Denbigh Castle had not been completed by September 1294, when a Welsh revolt broke out, led by Madog ap Llywelyn.[16] The castle was taken by Welsh forces, despite efforts by Henry to relieve it and the fortification was not recaptured until December.[17] The castle's defences continued to be improved, although it was not completely finished, possibly because the project was disrupted by the death of Henry's eldest son in an accident at the castle.[17] ”
  • Рекомендуют 5 местных жителей
Режим работыОткрыто · Закроется в 5:00 PM