Пропустить и перейти к тексту

Abbey Hambye

Рекомендуют 7 местных жителей

Советы местных жителей

November 20, 2018
A beautiful ruin with lovely gardens and occasional open air concerts
August 11, 2018
Un édifice magnifique du XIIIe siècle en pleine campagne.
June 23, 2015
Ruines romantiques d'une ancienne abbaye
May 22, 2018
Pretty abbey with lots of woodland walks
August 11, 2019
The moulin is ideally located central to many historical and other delights. Two abbeys worth visiting are l’abbaye de Hambye and l’abbaye de la Lucerne. L’Abbaye de Hambye is a beautiful 12th century ruined Benedictine abbey set, like the moulin, in the valley floor of the Sienne. There are…

Рекомендации местных жителей

Place of Worship
“This Abbaye is about 25-30 mins away near La Lucerne-d'Outremer. It has some stunningly beautiful grounds with a 14th C moulin and an aqueduct. Church services are still held there. Reconstruction has been carried since 1959. The abbey was founded in 1143 by Hasculf de Subligny, son of Othoerne, the tutor of William Adelin, both of whom perished in the White Ship disaster of 1120, and later had the support of the English crown. The new monastery was settled from Dommartin Abbey near Hesdin. The foundation stone of the permanent buildings was laid in 1164 by Achard of St. Victor, who was later buried here. Construction lasted from 1164 to 1178 and was in the Romanesque style, in the restrained and sober manner of Cistercian architecture, except that the complex was dominated by an Anglo-Norman Gothic tower. La Lucerne was the mother-house of four other Premonstratensian monasteries: Ardenne Abbey, Mondaye Abbey and Belle-Étoile Abbey (at Cerisy-Belle-Étoile) in Normandy, and Beauport Abbey in Brittany. Major structural renovations were carried out in the 15th and 17th centuries. During the French Revolution, in 1792, the abbey was suppressed. Its buildings were at first turned into a cotton mill and then used as a source of stone. ”
  • Рекомендуют 9 местных жителей
“Coutances Cathedral is a beautiful structure that was not destroyed during the French Revolution, and miraculously barely touched during the tumult of the Allied bombings and landings of 1944 - even though much else around it was destroyed! The cathedral’s roots date back to when a Roman temple occupied the spot. This temple was changed into a church in the 5th century AD, which was later destroyed by Vikings in 866 AD – as was the original Roman aqueduct. Two centuries later the church was rebuilt as a Romanesque cathedral and was consecrated in 1056 in the presence of William the Bastard (better known later, perhaps, as William the Conqueror!). in 1180 it was restored and altered and in the 13th century transformed into the Norman Gothic style, although aspects (such as the twin towers and the columns in the nave are from the original Romanesque period). It is possible that the columns (or sections of them) date to the original Roman temple/basilica. One of the 13th century stained glass windows depicts the life of Thomas Becket.”
  • Рекомендуют 15 местных жителей
Car Rental
  • Рекомендуют 2 местных жителя
Порт / марина
“Phare de Goury, station de sauvetage dû aux courants de marée parmi les plus forts du monde! Emerveillement GARANTI ! The lighthouse of Goury, is a fantastic safety station with a beautifull view.”
  • Рекомендуют 8 местных жителей
“The Auberge is next to the Abbey ruins and beautiful gardens and serve top end food at reasonable prices”
  • Рекомендуют 4 местных жителя
Hambye, Lower Normandy 50450
Режим работыЗакрыто · Откроется в 2:00 PM