Саут-Лейк-Тахо, штат Калифорния
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it is important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to give you some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in South Lake Tahoe. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the city’s Planning Division, Permit Center, or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Code of Ordinances. South Lake Tahoe has for the most part adopted the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency’s Code of Ordinances to regulate uses in South Lake. You should consult the Code of Ordinances to see if your listing is consistent with zoning requirements or use definitions. You should also review Chapters 5 and 32 of the South Lake Tahoe City Code for any additions or changes to the Code of Ordinances. Important terms include accessory use; apartment; change in use; local government neighborhood compatibility requirements; residential; residential unit; tourist accommodation; tourist accommodation unit; and vacation rental.
- Vacation Rental Permit. South Lake Tahoe requires owners of vacation home rentals to apply for a Vacation Home Rental Permit and agree to abide by some rules and regulations, including posting notices about noise, parking, trash pickup, number of guests, and identifying a local contact for guests or neighbors to reach. Please review Chapter 28A of the South Lake Tahoe City Code or contact the Police Department for more information on how to apply for the permit.
- Business License. All owners or operators of businesses in South Lake Tahoe are required to apply for and receive a business license, and pay an annual tax. More information about the licensing process can be found here or by contacting the Revenue Services Division directly. As part of this process, the Planning and Building departments will each review the application for compliance with city rules before issuing a license. You can access the Business License Application Form here and the Zoning/Building Clearance Form here.
- Business and Housing Standards. South Lake Tahoe enforces rules and regulations specifying minimum construction, design, and maintenance standards for buildings, including regulation son habitability, health, and safety. Certain rules and regulations applicable to non-residential and residential uses may be relevant to your listing. Please review Chapter 8 of the City Code or contact the Building Division directly.
- Taxes. South Lake Tahoe assesses transient occupancy taxes on hotels, inns, vacation homes or houses, and other short-term rentals. A “short-term rental” is defined as a guest stay of 30 days or less. More information about the transient occupancy tax is available at the city's FAQ page.
- Other Rules. It's also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Вермонт: предупреждение для путешественниковПо мере развития ситуации с коронавирусом предписания властей могут меняться. Следите за новостями и выполняйте указания государственных орг…
- Индиана: ограничения на поездки и предупрежденияПо мере развития ситуации с коронавирусом предписания властей могут меняться. Следите за новостями и выполняйте указания государственных орг…
- Округ Энн-Эрандел, МэрилендПрежде чем принимать гостей на Airbnb, изучите информацию, которая поможет разобраться в местных законах.